Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is certainly influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear systems type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment models type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, observe in the ratio column and based on input rpm verify the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Are you losing time searching for crane duty helical gearbox on various other sites?